At Sweet Medical Center, our mission is to empower people to live healthy lives.
Sweet Medical Center Inc., established in 1988, is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and provides primary and preventative health care to all regardless of ability to pay. Please call (406) 357-2294 for an appointment. As a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, all donations are welcome and tax deductible. If you are coming to SMC as a new patient, you can save yourself some time by printing the New Patient Forms, filling them out at home and bringing them with you.
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
Sweet Medical Center is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home.
The Patient Centered Medical Home is best described as a model or philosophy of primary care that is patient-centered, comprehensive, team-based, coordinated, accessible, and focused on quality and safety. It has become a widely accepted model for how primary care should be organized and delivered throughout the health care system, and is a philosophy of health care delivery that encourages providers and care teams to meet patients where they are, from the most simple to the most complex conditions. It is a place where patients are treated with respect, dignity, and compassion, and enable strong and trusting relationships with providers and staff. Above all, the medical home is not a final destination instead, it is a model for achieving primary care excellence so that care is received in the right place, at the right time, and in the manner that best suits a patient's needs.
Patient Centered Medical Home is an approach to the delivery of primary care that is:
- Patient-centered:A partnership among practitioners, patients, and their families ensures that decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences, and that patients have the education and support they need to make decisions and participate in their own care.
- Comprehensive:A team of care providers is wholly accountable for a patient’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care.
- Coordinated: Care is organized across all elements of the broader health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care, community services and supports.
- Accessible: Patients are able to access services with shorter waiting times, "after hours" care, 24/7 electronic or telephone access, and strong communication through health IT innovations.
- Committed to quality and safety:Clinicians and staff enhance quality improvement to ensure that patients and families make informed decisions about their health.
Contact your provider today at 406.357.2294 (Chinook) or 406.353.4861 (Harlem) or visit www.ncqa.org for more information.
Sweet Medical Center has been in operation since 1988 in Chinook, Montana.
Lloyd Sweet had an inspirational part in developing Sweet Medical Center. For a man who lived in Chinook only a short span of his life, Lloyd D. Sweet created a legacy that has changed a multitude of lives.
Lloyd D. Sweet was born in Ubet, Montana, on October 16, 1889. In his early years, he and his family moved to Chinook, Montana and he graduated from Chinook High School in 1909. In 1913, he graduated from Stanford University with a major in economics. Following graduation he returned to Chinook where he worked his father's land and built a flour mill. In 1918 he joined the Navy and left Chinook and eventually settled in Watsonville, California where he built his fortune in the stock market while in the auto parts business. In 1988 Lloyd D. Sweet Passed away in Watsonville, California.
As a former Blaine County and Chinook resident, Lloyd Sweet has impacted Chinook with his many projects and became "Chinook's Fairy Godfather." Throughout the community, Lloyd Sweet left a strong legacy, as it appears in the naming of many buildings and facilities. Sweet Medical Center is one of his projects that he helped to fund and develop.
- Primary Health Care
- Preventative Health Care
- Pediatric Care
- Diabetic Care
- Well Child Care
- Women's Health
- Case Management
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Laboratory Services
- X-Ray Services
- Telemedicine Visits
- Workman's Comp
- DOT Physicals
- Sports Physicals
- Pharmacy Assistance
- Dental Health Assistance
- Mental Health Assistance