SWEET MEDICAL CENTER
Sweet Medical Center, Inc. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor SMC to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
JOB TITLE: Clinical Support Staff – Nursing
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The clinical support staff member is an employee of the Sweet Medical Center. In accordance with the policies established by the SMC Governing Board and under the direction of the CEO and SMC Medical Director, the clinical support staff member works as an integral member of the clinical team. Duties include providing comprehensive and professional level patient care services with focus on assessment and implementation of the patient’s clinical care plan.
Position will be scheduled 7:30am-5:30pm (4) days per week. Days may rotate.
- Actively involved in day-to-day clinic operational flow and planning including scheduling, triaging patient issues, and prioritizing daily and future tasks.
- Escorts patient to exam or treatment areas. Performs thorough and relevant initial patient assessment and history and prepares patient for the provider visit, exams or procedures.
- Assists healthcare provider with all aspects of coordinating and delivering patient care and during exams and procedures.
- Administers prescribed treatments or emergency care, performs diagnostic tests as authorized (including laboratory and radiology services), and administers immunizations and other injections as directed by the provider.
- Triages patient calls, assessing for timing of treatment needs in coordination with providers and other impacted SMC staff.
- Communicates with patients by phone to gather or relay information as requested by provider.
- Maintains acceptable methods of charting and recordkeeping to provide for consistent, organized patient care.
- Works collaboratively with SMC and area healthcare professionals to coordinate care plans.
- Conducts follow-up and monitoring of care plan in conjunction with provider and case manager.
- Maintains cleanliness and readiness of exam and treatment rooms, ordering supplies as required, and performing compliance checks on equipment and supplies.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities and the development of policies and procedures appropriate for patient care.
- Participates in all other compliance activities necessary for the optimal function of SMC, including but not limited to, quality assurance, HRSA program requirements, safety activities, and OSHA requirements.
- Licensed as a nurse in the State of Montana
- Current BLS certification
- Outpatient Clinic experience preferred
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, grasping.
Hearing, sight and speech are essential to perform the duties of this position.
There is a potential hazard for exposure to blood and body fluids